Kamaruka is a smoke free institution – within the school building and immediate environment as well as the building and environments of any public venue or camp site used during school activities. This applies to all students and staff while on duty and within the vision of students. In keeping with our philosophy of leading by example, it would be hypocritical to condone any form of smoking at a school dedicated to health and fitness.
Policy on Student Smoking:
Students are not permitted to possess, supply or use tobacco or other smoking products anywhere in the school environment or in public during a school activity
- Student will be given a warning and severe reprimand.
- Details will be entered in the Critical Incident & Accident Register (CIA Register)
- Parent/guardian contacted
- Parent/guardian called in for a meeting
- Sanctions imposed
- Student to contact QUIT at the Anti-Cancer Council or a similar agency dealing with tobacco dependency
- Student suspended immediately
- Parent/guardian called in for a meeting with the principal re ongoing enrolment of the student at Kamaruka.
All policy documents are accessible on the Kamaruka website and are available for staff to view in each staff room. Copies are provided for parents with enrolment forms.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the school’s three-year review cycle.
This policy was last ratified by the Kamaruka Advisory Committee on 27 March 2014